Approximate method of optical energy distribution calculation in multiple scattering media
I.A.Bratchenko, V.P. Zakharov
S.P. Korolyov Samara State Aerospace University
Full text of article: Russian language.
Approximate approach of transport equation solution for Henyey-Greenstein anisotropic phase function is submitted. Propagating light was presented as a sum of collimated and diffusive components, that allows to lead in fast and slow variables and decay transport equation in two parts. An equation for collimated flux results in analytical solution and describes Bouguer propagation. And integro-differential equation for diffuse part simplifies and transforms into engaging partial equations system. Each rank of the system brings to initial value problem solving by Cauchy method with corresponding ranks derivatives joining boundary conditions. It was shown the fast convergence of proposed approximate solution by its comparison with results of numerical simulations by Monte Carlo method for the same multiple scattering medium.
transport radiate transfer equation, Monte Carlo method, approximate solution, multiple scattering medium.
Citation: Bratchenko IvAl, Zakharov VP. Approximate method of optical energy distribution calculation in multiple scattering media. Computer Optics 2008; 32(4): 370-4.
- Kugeiko MM, Lysenko SA. Multiple regression equations for fractional concentrations of atmospheric aerosol and spectral extinction coefficients. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy 2006; 73(6): 807-812.
- Agranovich VM, Ginzburg VL. Crystal optics taking into account spatial dispersion and the theory of excitons [In Russian]. Moscow: “Nauka” Publisher 1979; 432.
- Vorobjeva EV, et al. The comparative spectral analysis of backscattered radiation in plant and living tissues [In Russian]. Physics of Wave Processes and Radio Systems. Theoretical and Scientific Journal 2005; 3(8): 69-74.
- Wang L, Jacques SL, ZhengL. MCM – Monte Carlo modeling of light transport in multi-layered tissues. Computer methods and programs in Biomedicine 1995; 47: 131-146.
- Slovetskiy SD. Modeling of optical radiation propagation in complex random heterogeneous medium with Monte Carlo method [In Russian]. “Radiotekhnika” (Radioengineering) 1994; 7: 654-671.
- Zakharov VP, Sindyaeva AR. 3D visualization of multiple scattering media [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2007; 31(4): 44-52.
- Yarovenko IP. Numerical solution of boundary value problems for the radiation transfer equation in an optical range [In Russian]. Numerical Methods and Programming. Advanced Computing 2006; 7(1): 93-104.
- Ishimaru A. Wave propagation and scattering in random media [In Russian]. Moscow: “Mir” Publisher 1981; 384.
- Petnikova VM, Tret’yakov EV, Shuvalov VV. Stability of the Henyey—Greenstein phase function and fast path integration under conditions of multiple light scattering. Quantum Electronics 2006; 36(11): 1039-1042.
- Prahl SA. Light transport in tissue, 1988; 221 p.
- Stratonikov AA, Meerovich GA, Ryabova AV, Savel’eva TA, Loshchenov VB. Application of backward diffuse reflection spectroscopy for monitoring the state of tissues in photodynamic therapy. Quantum Electronics 2006; 36(12): 1103-1110.
- TracePro user’s manual supplement, release 3.1. Lambda Research Corporation.
- Tuchin VV. Tissue optics 2000; 353 p.
© 2009, ИСОИ РАН
Россия, 443001, Самара, ул. Молодогвардейская, 151; электронная почта: email@example.com ; тел: +7 (846) 332-56-22, факс: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20