Study of subwavelength localization of a radiation by forming closely spaced singular lines using of subwavelength features of the dielectric micro-relief
S.A. Degtyarev, S.N. Khonina
PDF, 707 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
The possibility of formation of closely spaced singular lines using subwavelength details of the dielectric micro-relief is examined. A numerical simulation shows that the diffraction pattern for the subwavelength ridge and groove (size of 0,2λ) are drastically different: the ridge shows the focusing properties, and the groove acts as a barrier. Micro-relief with specific combinations of phase steps, corresponding to a phase shift of p, allows to achieve the sub-wavelength localization of radiation (FWHM = 0,36λ). Further narrowing the distance between the singular lines leads to loss of energy in the central region and growth of the sidelobes. Simulations were performed using the finite element method, implemented in the Comsol software product..
phase jump, singular lines, finite element method.
- Khonina, S.N. Formation of Gaussian-Hermite modes using binary DOEs. I. Modeling and experiments / S.N. Khonina, V.V. Kotlyar, V.A. Soifer, M. Honkanen, J. Turunen // Computer Optics. – 1998. – V. 18. – P. 24-28. – (In Russian).
- Kotlyar, V.V. Coding diffractive optical elements using the method of a local phase jump / V.V. Kotlyar, S.N. Khonina, A.S. Melekhin, V.A. Soifer // Computer Optics. – 1999. – V. 19. – P. 54-64. – (In Russian).
- Khonina, S.N. Encoded binary diffractive element to form hyper-geometric laser beams / S.N. Khonina, S.A. Balalayev, R.V. Skidanov, V.V. Kotlyar, B. Paivanranta, J. Turunen // J. Opt. A: Pure Appl. Opt. – 2009. – Vol. 11 – P. 065702-065708.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Leveling intensity of focused Gaussian spot / V.V. Kotlyar, S.N. Khonina // Computer Optics. – 1998. – V. 18. – P. 42-52.
- Khonina, S.N. Levelling the focal spot intensity of the focused Gaussian beam / S.N. Khonina, V.V. Kotlyar, R.V. Skidanov, V.A. Soifer // Journal of Modern optics. – 2000. – V. 47, N 5. – P. 883-904.
- Rockstuhl, C. Theoretical and experimental investigation of phase singularities generated by optical micro- and nano-structures / C. Rockstuhl, M. Salt, H.P. Herzig // Journal of Optics – 2004. – V. 6, N 5. – P. 271-276.
- Khonina, S.N. Diffraction at binary microaxicons in the near field / S.N. Khonina, P.G. Serafimovich, D.A. Savelyev, I.A. Pustovoi // J. Opt. Technol. – 2012. – V. 79, N 10. – P. 626-631.
- Furukawa, H. Near-Field optical microscope images of a dielectric flat substrate with subwavelength strips / H. Furukawa, S. Kawata // Opt. Commun. – 2001. – Vol. 196. – P. 93-102.
- Tychinsky, V.P. Microscopy of subwavelength structures / V.P. Tychinsky // Advances of Physical Sciences. – 1996. – V. 166, N 11. – P. 1219-1229. – (In Russian).
- Tychinsky, V.P. Superresolution and singularities in phase images / V.P. Tychinsky // Advances of Physical Sciences. – 2008. – V. 178, N 11. – P. 1205-1213. – (In Russian).
- Allen, H. Optical manipulation of nanoparticles and biomolecules in sub-wavelength slot waveguides / H. Allen, J. Yang, Sean D. Moore, Bradley S. Schmidt, Matthew Klug, Michal Lipson & David Erickson // Nature. – 2009. – V. 457. – P. 71-75.
- Toraldo di Francia, G. Degrees of freedom of an image / G. Toraldo di Francia // J. Opt. Soc. Am. – 1969. – V. 59. – P. 799-804.
- Simpson, S.H. Analysis of the effects arising from the near-field optical microscopy of homogeneous dielectric slabs / S.H. Simpson, S. Hanna // Opt. Commun. – 2001. – V. 196. – P. 17-31.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20