Localization of objects contours with different scales
in images using hough transform
V.A. Fursov, S.A. Bibikov, P.Y. Yakimov
PDF, 407 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
This paper considers the problem of localization of objects in images, when the scale of the sought for object is different from the scale of the sample object. We use the feature of the Hough transform to form the response in the shape of lines in the accumulator space; these lines correspond to the straight-line sections of the object’s contour. The paper contains the results of the formation of the responses in the accumulator space for some simple geometric figures. We introduce the technology of traffic signs localization, based on the considered approach.
object localization, image scale, image processing, Hough Transform.
- Duda, R.O. Use of the Hough Transformation to Detect Lines and Curves in Pictures / R.O. Duda, P.E. Hart // Comm. ACM. – 1972. – V. 15. – P. 11-15.
- Fernandes, L. Real-time line detection through an improved Hough transform voting scheme / Leonardo A.F. Fernandes, Manuel M. Oliveira // Pattern Recognition. – 2008. – V. 41, N 1. – P. 299-314. – ISSN 0031-3203.
- Stylianidis, E. Semi-automatic “interest line” extraction in close range images / E. Stylianidis, P. Patias // International Archives of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. – Thessaloniki, – 1999. – V. 32. – P. 237-242.
- Ballard, D.H. Generalizing the Hough transform to detect arbitrary shapes / Pattern Recognition. – 1981. – V. 13, N 2. – P. 111-122. – ISSN 0031-3203.
- Canny, J. A Computational approach to Edge-Detection / J. Canny // IEEE Transactions on pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 8. – 1986. – V. 8, N 6. – P. 679-700.
- Kassim, A.A. A comparative study of efficient generalized Hough transform techniques / A.A. Kassim, T. Tan, K.H. Tan // Image and Vision Computing. – 1999. – V. 17, N 10. – P. 737-748. – ISSN 0262-8856.
- Maji, S. A max-margin Hough transform for object detection / S. Maji, J. Malik. – Proc. of IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2009.
- Hardzeyeu, V. On using the Hough transform for driving assistance applications / V. Hardzeyeu, F. Klefenz // Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing. – 2008. – P. 91-98.
- Yakimov, P. Preprocessing of digital images for fast and robust object detection in traffic signs recognition task // 11th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: New Information Technologies. – Samara: IPSI RAS, 2013. – V. 2. – P. 769-772.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20