Estimation of super-resolution imaging errors based on the use of multiple frames
Kokoshkin A.V., Korotkov V.A., Korotkov K.V., Novichikhin E.P.
The Kotel'nikov Institute of Radio-engineering and Electronics (IRE) of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Fryazino, Russia
Full text of article: Russian language.
This work shows the possibility of estimating errors of super-resolution imaging based on the use of several frames. The possibility of identifying areas with large interpolation errors is shown, based only on the interpolation method and interpolated data used. The possibility of determining the necessary number of frames used for imaging from the interpolation error estimate is demonstrated. In this paper, we present both the results of interpolation of the generated test frames, the method of correlation subpixel detection of frame shifts relative to 1 frame, and the estimates of the resulting interpolation errors. It is shown that before measurements, the number of frames necessary to achieve the required level of interpolation errors can not be predicted. The proposed method allows the error value to be controlled during the measurement. It is shown that the estimation of errors of the super resolution method based on test images is not very promising, since the error value depends both on the image itself and on a set of subpixel offsets of low-resolution frames. We discuss the entire procedure of obtaining the results of the work, starting from the test image generation and ending with the conclusions.
interpolation, estimation error, experimental data processing.
Kokoshkin AV, Korotkov VA, Korotkov KV, Novichikhin EP. Estimation of super-resolution imaging errors based on the use of multiple frames. Computer Optics 2017; 41(5): 701-711. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2017-41-5-701-711.
- Karimi E, Kangarloo K, Javadi Sh. A survey on super-resolution methods for image reconstruction. International Journal of Computer Applications 2014; 90(3): 32-39. DOI: 10.5120/15557-4300.
- Mishin AB. A method, an algorithm and the adaptive processing device of images on base KMOP-iVu with use of neurosimilar structures [In Russian]. The thesis for the Candidate’s degree in Technical Sciences. Kursk; 2014.
- Markelov KS. Model of increase in informational content of digital images on the basis of a superpermission method [In Russian]. Engineering Bulletin 77-48211/552065 2013; 3: 525-542.
- Nasonov AV. Regularizing methods of increase in permission of images and superpermission [In Russian]. The thesis for the Candidate’s degree in physical and mathematical sciences. Moscow 2011.
- Goshin YeV, Kotov AP, Fursov VA. Two-stage formation of a spatial transformation for image matching. Computer Optics 2016, 38(4), 886-891.
- Ermakov DM, Sharkov EA, Chernushich AP. Assessment of the accuracy of the interpolation scheme of satellite radiothermovision [In Russian]. Current Problems in Remote Sensing of the Earth from Space 2015; 12(2): 77-88.
- Kokoshkin AV, Korotkov VA, Korotkov KV, Novichihin EP. A simple method of estimation of the experimental data interpolation error [In Russian]. Journal of Radio Electronics 2016; 9. Source áhttp://jre.cplire.ru/jre/sep16/5/text.pdfñ.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE. Digital image processing. 2nd ed. published by Pearson Education, Inc, publishing as Prentice Hall. 2002. ISBN: 978-0-2011-8075-6.
- Sharyi SP. Course of computational methods [In Russian]. Novosibirsk: “Institute of Computational Technologies SB RAS” Publisher; 2016.
- Forsythe GE, Malcolm MA, Moler CB. Computer Methods for Mathematical Computations. Englewood, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc.; 1977.
- Shutko AM, Haldin A, Krapivin V, Novichikhin E, Sidorov I, Tishchenko Yu, Haarbrink R, Georgiev G, Kancheva R, Nikolov H, Coleman T, Archer F, Pampaloni P, Paloscia S, Krissilov A, Carmona AC. Microwave radiometry in monitoring and emergency mapping of water seepage and dangerously high groundwaters. Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology 2007; 1: 76-82.
- Ivanov VA, Kirichuk VS, Kosih VP. Estimation of subpixel shift of discrete images. Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing 2007; 43(3): 205-217. DOI: 10.3103/S8756699007030016.
- Gudkov SA. Metod of processing of signals of the eddy current sensor of monitoring of parameters of dispersion mediums [In Russian]. Proceedings of the Modern Technique and Technologies MTT'2012 2012: 183-184.
- Babak VP, Ponomarenko PV. Localization of the position of through defects on signals of an acoustic emission [In Russian]. Automatic Equipment, Automation, Electrotechnical Complexes and Systems 2007; 1: 39-46.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; E-mail: email@example.com ; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20