(44-1) 03 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Experiment with a diffractive lens with a fixed focus position at several given wavelengths
R.V. Skidanov 1,2, L.L. Doskolovich 1,2, S.V. Ganchevskaya 1,2, V.A. Blank 1,2, V.V. Podlipnov 1,2, N.L. Kazanskiy 1,2
1 IPSI RAS – Branch of the FSRC "Crystallography and Photonics" RAS,
Molodogvardeyskaya 151, 443001, Samara, Russia,
2 Samara National Research University, Moskovskoye shosse, 34, 443086, Samara, Russia
PDF, 868 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
The paper presents results of the experimental investigation of “spectral” diffractive lenses the same focus position for several given wavelengths. Two spectral diffractive lenses designed to focus radiation of three and five specified wavelengths in the visible spectrum were investigated. Using a method of direct laser writing in photoresist with iterative correction of writing parameters, we fabricated a diffractive microrelief of the spectral lenses with the height deviation from the designed relief of less than 30 nm. Using a pinhole located at the focus of the fabricated lenses, we estimated the operation wavelengths. The point spread functions of the spectral lenses at the designed wavelengths were measured with the use of a tunable laser. The imaging properties of the spectral lenses were illustrated by the images of a reference color table.
spectral diffractive lens, harmonic lens, point spread function, focusing, photoresist direct laser recording method.
Skidanov RV, Doskolovich LL, Ganchevskaya SV, Blank VA, Podlipnov VV, Kazanskiy NL. Experiment with a diffractive lens with a fixed focus position at several given wavelengths. Computer Optics 2020; 44(1): 22-28. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-646.
This work was supported by the RFBR projects 18-07-00514 and 18-29-03067 regarding the creation of spectral diffraction lenses and the experimental analysis of their performance (paragraphs 1-3) and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation as part of the work according to the State order of the Federal Research Center for Crystallography and Photonics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (agreement No. 007-GZ / Ch3363 / 26) regarding the study of image formation using spectral diffraction lenses (paragraph 4).
- Reznikova EF, Goldenberg BG, Kondratyev VI, Kulipanov GN, Korolkov VP, Nasyrov RK. Liga technology for the synthesis of diffractive refractive intraocular lenses. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics 2013; 77(2): 111-115.
- Poleshchuk AG, Korolkov VP, Veiko VP, Zakoldaev RA, Sergeev MM. Laser technologies in micro-optics. Part 2. Fabrication of elements with a three-dimensional profile. Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing 2018; 54(2): 113-126.
- Kazanskii NL, Khonina SN, Skidanov RV, Morozov AA, Kharitonov SI, Volotovsky SG. Formation of images using multilevel diffractive lens. Computer Optics 2014; 38(3): 425-434.
- Karpeev SV, Alferov SV, Khonina SN, Kudryashov SI. Study of the broadband radiation intensity distribution formed by diffractive optical element. Computer Optics 2014; 38(4): 689-694.
- Karpeev SV, Ustinov AV, Khonina SN. Design and analysis of a three-wave diffraction focusing doublet. Computer Optics 2016; 40(2): 173-178. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-2-173-178.
- Sweeney DW, Sommargren GE. Harmonic diffractive lenses. Appl Opt 1995; 34(14): 2469-2475.
- Khonina SN, Ustinov AV, Skidanov RV, Morozov AA. Comparative study of the spectral characteristics of aspheric lense. Computer Optics 2015; 39(3): 363-369. DOI: 10.18287/0134-2452-2015-39-3-363-369.
- Rosli A, Manaf A, Sugiyama T, Yan J. Design and fabrication of Si-HDPE hybrid Fresnel lenses for infrared imaging systems. Opt Express 2017; 25: 1202-1220.
- Nikonorov AV, Petrov MV, Bibikov SA, Yakimov PY, Kutikova VV, Yuzifovich YV, Morozov AA, Skidanov RV, Kazanskiy NL. Toward ultralightweight remote sensing with harmonic lenses and convolutional neural networks. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing 2018; 11(9): 3338-3348. DOI: 10.1109/jstars.2018.2856538.
- Wang P, Mohammad N, Menon R. Chromatic-aberration corrected diffractive lenses for ultra-broadband focusing. Sci Rep 2016; 6: 21545.
- Mohammad N, Meem M, Shen B, Wang P, Menon R. Broadband imaging with one planar diffractive lens. Sci Rep 2018; 8: 2799.
- Banerji S, Sensale-Rodriguez B. A computational design framework for efficient, fabrication error-tolerant, planar THz diffractive optical elements. Sci Rep 2019; 9: 5801.
- Meem M, Majumder A, Menon R. Full-color video and still imaging using two flat lenses. Opt Express 2018; 26: 26866-26871.
- Banerji S, Meem M, Majumder A, Vasquez FG, Sensale-Rodriguez B, Menon R. Imaging with flat optics: metalenses or diffractive lenses? Optica 2019; 6: 805-810.
- Doskolovich LL, Bezus EA, Morozov AA, Osipov V, Wolffsohn JS, Chichkov B. Multifocal diffractive lens generating several fixed foci at different design wavelengths. Opt. Express 2018; 26(4): 4698-4709. DOI: 10.1364/OE.26.004698.
- Doskolovich LL, Bezus EA,, Bycov DA, Skidanov RV, Kazanskiy NL. Calculation of a diffractive lens having a fixed focal position at several prescribed wavelengths. Computer Optics 2019; 43(6): 949-955. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-6-946-955.
- Genie Nano. GIGE camera. Small package. Big functionality. Source: <https://www.teledynedalsa.com/en/products/imaging/cameras/genie-nano-1gig/>.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20